Argentina’s national hydrogen plan

By 2050 Argentina will have a total domestic production of at least 5 Mt per year of low-emission hydrogen. 20% will be allocated to the local market, both for the decarbonization of the current uses of hydrogen (steel, petrochemical and refining industries) and to meet new uses (mainly synthetic fuels). The remaining 80%, ~4 Mt per year, will be destined to supply, through exports, the international market for low-emission energy carriers. To achieve these production goals it will be necessary to install at least 30 GW of electrolysis capacity and 55 GW of renewable electricity generation, which implies multiplying the […]

This report is for subscribers only Start with a FREE 30-day trial and then save up to 26% with an annual subscription. Get instant access to over 300 reports. Cancel anytime.
Already a subscriber ? Log in


Brighten Up Your Thursday!

SIGN UP to receive our free weekly newsletter with new shipping market reports, presentations & analysis! EVERY THURSDAY!